Sunday 9 February 2014

The Sound of the Superbs!

Last night was such a blast! I enjoyed myself doing a short 35 minute solo acoustic performance to open the show for The Members who were playing in my home town. That entailed finishing my set with an acoustic rendition of 'Living With Unemployment' which as most know, is a reworking of The Members very own Solitary Confinement. The atmosphere in The Square was great and after a very good set from Anti-Establishment the Members took the stage and filled the room with their wonderful songs and was name checked by the band
After the show I shot backstage and had a great time talking to the band and in particular the main writer of Solitary Confinement, JC Carroll. Now, he came along to a Newtown Neurotics show at the Fulham Greyhound in the Eighties to witness our rendition of his song and after came backstage and declared "You've made an old man really happy" This time, it turned out that he really loved my set and then he said "You know, I would really like to cover one of your songs! Honestly, I was knocked out, that would really be an honour. So he left to make his way home with three Newtown Neurotics CD's under his arm so let's see what develops.

I am now in the process of doing the final preparations for leaving for Brazil with a constant tingle of excitement. Lots to do, so I must go, Avanti!



No comments: