Wednesday 12 February 2014

What a way to refresh myself!

My flight was smooth, enjoyable and very comfortable, helped by the fact that I had three seats all to myself. Out of customs, I meet up with Isabella and her sister Juliana  and boyfriend Luiz and I am warned that I am now going to experience the mad drivers of Sao Paulo and the frustration of driving in such a heavily populated city. Guess what? No mad drivers and an easy drive to where I am to stay. This incredibly long journey has been a dream.

So convenient! Across the road from the apartment I am to stay in, is a Pizza restaurant and it is here that I have my first meal in the city famous for it's food. Yeah, I know, but small steps. The Pizza is delicious and I am greeted by various people who want to meet me and make my stay as enjoyable as possible and I do truly feel welcomed.

After a lot of fun and laughter, especially over a joke I made up on the spot about Archimedes (you had to be there) we decide that I need to get some sleep and they were right, as excited as I was, I needed to switch off.
So back at the apartment I stumble dog tired around the bedroom and decide I need to pee before bed.
Already half asleep, tired, hot and sticky, I start to urinate only to discover a second later I was about to urinate into the bidet (very rock 'n' roll I know but this is a friend's apartment) so I quickly stop and, being the good person that I am, could not let the bidet be despoiled by my wee.
In one swift moment I turn the bidet tap and a jet of water shoots up and hits me in face! I stand there soaked, water running off of me and I realise that I am now refreshed and ready to hit a club, instead I hit the sack but I made a mental note of the experience in case I need to wake up quick in the coming days.

More later!


No comments: